Attractions and Events in the Area
- George T. Bagby State Park; 18-hole championship golf course, tennis, marina, canoeing, hiking and fishing.
- Walking tour of Fort Gaines
- Kolomoki Indian Mounds
- Westville – 1850’s Village
- Providence Canyon State Park
- Christmas at the Fort Craft Fair (Saturday before Thanksgiving)
- 4th of July Celebration
Fort Gaines and Clay County function primarily on an agriculture and tourism based economy. The combination of these two economies, with the added advantages of a long and vivid history and acre upon acre of unspoiled timberland makes for a great place to "get away from it all."
You can fish. Camp. Hunt deer. Hunt turkey. Go water skiing.
Or just settle in and enjoy the warm weather and the sights.
Fort Gaines has so much to offer!